Need an online consultation for chlamydia? Count on GetCareMD.
Learn more about the condition and how we can help you overcome it.
Chlamydia — also known as chlamydia trachomatis — can often be confused with gonorrhea, as they both present with similar symptoms.
Chlamydia usually affects young, sexually active women. However, it can be found in men and women of all age groups. Similar to gonorrhea, it can sometimes be asymptomatic.
The bacteria that causes chlamydia is typically spread from one person to another through vaginal, oral, or anal sex.
Though testing is not a prerequisite for your chlamydia consultation online, we strongly encourage you to get tested.
Based on your test results, we can give you the most effective treatment and care possible.
Symptoms of Chlamydia
Detecting chlamydia early without a positive test result can be difficult, since it doesn’t show symptoms right away.
The most common symptom is difficult or painful urination.
Other symptoms in women include:
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Difficulty or pain during intercourse
- Post-coital bleeding
- Bleeding between periods
In men, chlamydia may cause:
- Abnormal discharge from the penis
- Testicular pain, inflammation, or discomfort
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, get tested and schedule your online consultation for chlamydia today.
Am I At Risk for Chlamydia?
If you want to have an online consultation for chlamydia, but haven’t gotten tested and aren’t sure about your status, consider the following questions:
- Are you younger than 25 years old?
- Are you sexually active?
- Do you have sexual relations with multiple people?
- Does your partner have sexual relations with multiple people?
- Have you had chlamydia or another sexually transmitted infection (STI) in the past?
If your answer to one or more of these questions is ‘yes’, then you should get tested for chlamydia and book a chlamydia consultation online.
Complications of Chlamydia
Chlamydia is curable if it’s caught in time and treatment is start promptly.
However, if you ignore the symptoms or delay treatment, you put yourself at risk for severe complications, which include:
- Infertility: A prolonged chlamydia infection causes scarring in the fallopian tubes, which can result in infertility.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: A chlamydia infection can make women more susceptible to ectopic pregnancies, which can potentially be life-threatening.
- Epididymitis: A chlamydia infection can result in an inflammation of the epididymis, a tube near each testicle. It causes fevers, swelling, and scrotal pain and discomfort, and may cause infertility in men if left untreated.
Additionally, pregnant women with chlamydia can pass the infection to their baby during birth, as it passes through the birth canal.
In babies, chlamydia may lead to pneumonia or eye infections.
You can protect yourself from these dangerous consequences by getting tested, and booking an online consultation for chlamydia as soon as you can.
Preventions and Precautions
At GetCareMD, we believe that our responsibilities include educating our patients.
You can reduce your risk of becoming infected by chlamydia by:
- Having safe sex.
- Engaging in sexual relations with only one person.
- Getting tested for STIs and sharing your results with any new partners before having sex.
- Not having sex with people that are showing symptoms of chlamydia or another STI.
- Being regularly tested for chlamydia and other STIs, as a sexually responsible adult.
When you schedule a chlamydia consultation online with GetCareMD, your doctor may prescribe you the following antibiotics:
Note that the treatment plan will also depend on your symptoms, the severity of the infection, and other health considerations.
When you’re in an online consultation for chlamydia with a trained medical professional at GetCareMD, you can expect full confidentiality.
Receive the high-quality treatment that you deserve, in the comfort of your own home.
Start your chlamydia consultation online now.