Need an online consultation for gonorrhea? You’ve come to the right place.
Learn more about the condition and how GetCareMD can help:
Gonorrhea is a fairly common sexually transmitted disease (STD) that affects both men and women.
The gonorrhea bacteria — known as Neisseria gonorrhoeae— are typically passed from one person to another via vaginal, oral, or anal intercourse.
Its symptoms can show up in different areas of the body. In certain cases, gonorrhea infection may not cause any symptoms at all.
Getting yourself tested is not a prerequisite to availing a gonorrhea consultation online.
However, we strongly encourage you to get tested, as it will enable us to give you the most effective treatment and care possible.
Symptoms of Gonorrhea
In men, gonorrhea infection may cause:
- Pain or difficulty in urination
- Abnormal discharge from the penis
- Inflammation or pain in one testicle
In women, common symptoms of gonorrhea include:
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pain or difficulty in urination
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding between periods
- Abdominal or pelvic pain
In both men and women, symptoms of gonorrhea can also show up elsewhere in the body:
- You may experience eye pain, increased sensitivity to light, and pus-like discharge from either one or both eyes.
- You may get a sore throat or swollen, painful lymph nodes.
- You might face difficulty in bowel movements or notice blood in stool, a discharge from the rectum, and anal itching.
Online Consultation for Gonorrhea
If you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms, schedule an online consultation for gonorrhea today.
Typical Treatments Include
Am I At Risk for Gonorrhea?
If you’re looking into an online consultation for gonorrhea, but aren’t sure whether you’ve contracted gonorrhea or not, consider the following questions:
- Are you sexually active?
- Are you currently having sex with multiple people?
- Does your partner have sexual relations with other people?
- Have you had gonorrhea or another STD in the past?
- Are you a man who frequently has unprotected sex with other men?
If your answer to one or more of these questions is ‘yes’, then you should get tested for gonorrhea and follow up with a gonorrhea consultation online.
Complications of Gonorrhea
Gonorrhea isn’t incurable.
However, if you delay treatment, it can cause severe complications.
It can affect the testicles, uterus, and fallopian tubes, resulting in infertility.
It can make you more vulnerable to Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), which may lead to Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
If you have gonorrhea and are currently pregnant, it could infect your baby too.
Babies can become infected with gonorrhea during birth, as they pass through the birth canal. In babies, gonorrhea may result in sores and infections, as well as blindness.
If you suspect that you’ve been infected with gonorrhea, leaving it untreated can have disastrous results. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Get tested today, and book an online consultation for gonorrhea.
Prevention and Precautions
At GetCareMD, we believe that part of our responsibility is educating our patients.
You can reduce your risk of becoming infected by:
- Having safe sex
- Engaging in sexual relations with only one person
- Getting tested for STDs and exchanging results with any new partners prior to sex
- Abstaining from having sex with people who are showing symptoms of gonorrhea or another STD
- Having gonorrhea screening performed regularly, as part of being a sexually responsible adult
If you have tested positive for gonorrhea and promptly scheduled a gonorrhea consultation online, your gonorrhea infection can be completely cured.
The expert doctors at GetCareMD may prescribe you:
Note that the exact treatment plan depends on your symptoms, the severity of the infection, and other health considerations.
When you’re in an online consultation for gonorrhea with our team, you can count on our respect and full confidentiality.
To get a quick online consultation for gonorrhea infection, choose your medical ailment or health issue and answer a few short questions.
Receive the high-quality treatment you deserve, in the comfort of your own home.
Start your gonorrhea consultation online now.