Need an online consultation for vaginal yeast infection? Trust GetCareMD to provide it.
Learn more about the condition and how we can help treat it:
A vaginal yeast infection is a very common fungal infection that can affect as many as 3 out of 4 women. The yeast (fungus) responsible for this is called Candida Albicans.
The infection occurs when hormonal changes, medication, or immune system issues allow the Candida Albicans to grow excessively.
Vaginal yeast infection is also known as
- Candidal vaginitis
- Vaginal candidiasis
- Vulvovaginal candidiasis
During a test for vaginal yeast infection, a small sample of your vaginal discharge is examined for the presence of fungal culture.
While it’s not a prerequisite for scheduling a vaginal yeast infection consultation online, we urge you to get tested beforehand.
This will allow us to design the most effective treatment plan for you.
Symptoms of Vaginal Yeast Infection
The symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection vary in severity and include:
- Irritation and itching in the vagina and the vulva (the outer part of female genitalia)
- Burning, redness, and swelling of the vulva
- Pain or discomfort during urination and intercourse
- Vaginal pain, rashes, and soreness
- Watery, abnormal vaginal discharge
- Thick, odorless discharge that’s white in color and resembles cottage cheese
In your online consultation for vaginal yeast infection, your infection may be categorized as complicated if:
- You find sores, tears, and cracks in the vaginal walls
- Your other symptoms are extremely intense and painful
- You have recurring yeast infections (four or more in a year)