If you have sudden episodes of intense fear that trigger serious physical reactions without an apparent cause or at the time of no real danger, you might be having a panic attack. Panic attacks can be very scary.
Most people only experience a panic attack once or twice in their lifetime, especially during stressful situations. However, if you are experiencing unexpected and recurring episodes of such attacks, you may have developed a severe condition known as a panic disorder. Although panic attacks generally aren’t life-threatening, they can lead to severe problems like
- Several Phobia Developments like fear of leaving your home or driving
- Frequency in medical care for previous medical conditions and health concerns
- Social situation avoidance
- Problems at school or work
- Anxiety, depression, and several other psychiatric disorders
- An increase in suicidal thoughts and risk of suicide
- Alcohol and other substance misuses
Panic attacks usually begin suddenly without any sign, indication, or warning. You can never know when will your first or the next panic attack will strike. A sudden panic attack during driving a car, visiting the mall, business meetings, or handling small babies can be very dangerous. There are many variations of a panic attack that differ from person to person but regardless of that, conditions during a panic attack peak within minutes. Once it’s over, you may feel worn out extremely fatigued. Typically a panic attack includes signs like.
- Sense of impending danger or doom
- Fear of death or losing control
- A rapid increase in heart rate
- Shaking or trembling
- Severe tightness in the throat or shortness of breath
- Hot flashes
- Chest pain
- Abdominal cramping
- Tingling sensation or numbness
- Fainting, dizziness, or lightheadedness
- Feeling unreal or detached
When to see a doctor?
If you are experiencing any of the listed symptoms, seek medical assistance as soon as possible. Panic attacks can be very difficult to manage on your own and can become frequent and more intense if not treated. Finding the right medical expert to control such serious problems can be tiring and expensive. However, with our online doctor consultation, you can keep yourself from paying a hefty amount in personal therapy and wasting precious time in finding an expert. Visit our website for more details.